Part of How Money Works – FAQ
“… there is nothing to prevent the Federal Government from creating as much money as it wants and paying it to somebody. The question is, how do you set up a system which assures that the real assets are created which those benefits are employed to purchase? So it is not a question of security. It is a question of the structure of a financial system which assures that the real resources are created for retirement as distinct from the cash. The cash itself is nice to have, but it has got to be in the context of the real resources being created at the time those benefits are paid and so that you can purchase real resources with the benefits, which of course are cash.”
More in How Money Works – FAQ :
- 7 Deadly Innocent Frauds of Money
- Alan Greenspan – US Government can create all the money it wants
- Concise Summary of Money Creation
- Cool MMT Comments from Around the Web
- How the Government Deficit Helps the Economy
- Neoliberal Liberals
- Professor Steve Keen explains why austerity economics is naive
- Professor Steven Hail explains money in a video
- The Rock-Star Appeal of Modern Monetary Theory | The Nation
- The truth is out: money is just created, and the banks are rolling in it
- Think this Money Theory is too much CONSPIRACY THEORY crap?
- To understand economics, you must understand Monetary Sovereignty. Most economists and politicians don’t
- Trade Deficits & Trade Imbalances – Completely Misunderstood
- Warren Mosler, a Deficit Lover With a Following
- What gives money its value?
- Who can really create money? The Treasury or the Federal Reserve?
- Is the Federal Reserve (The Fed) a private entity, not controlled by us?
- Money Summit
- Government Deficits EQUALS Private Sector Surplus
- Outside Money Resources
- Possible Ideas or Throw-Away Ideas