Bayer AG offered to acquire Monsanto Co. in an unsolicited bid worth about $62 billion to create the world’s biggest supplier of farm chemicals and genetically modified seeds.The company offered $122 per share in an all-cash bid, it said in a statement Monday.
Here’s a quick summary of why Americans hate Monsanto…
- They see it as the face of corporate evil
- The genetically modified organisms (GMOs) make food as fake as possible
- They pretty much just dump a bunch of chemicals on their farming to make it grow quicker and cheaper
- Their putting farmers out of work by building their own agricultural monopoly
- They pretty much play the FDA on their finger, by writing their own protection laws… Obama promised to label GMOs but now created a Monsanto Protection Act
- Monsanto was originally a chemical company and created some of the most damaging toxins in American history including dioxins and PCBs (PCBs are carcinogenic)
- Monsanto’s pesticides have had many chemical lawsuits and their pesticides have led to Parkinson’s disease, autism, cancer, and Alzheimers.
- The French government even called Monsanto guilty of chemically poisoning French farmers
- They are purchasing rights to water and trying to PRIVATIZE it (once again, the face of corporate evil)
- They have environmentally damaged this country from declining bee colonies to corporate pollution
I wonder how the Germans will run such a huge corporation and how the Americans will feel about this.