Interesting take. This statement is the most powerful:

“In the past 30 years, America had 13 wars spending $14.2 trillion … no matter how good your strategy is you’re supposed to spend money on your own people,” Ma said. “The money goes to Wall Street. Then what happened? Year 2008 wiped out $19.2 trillion in US income … What if the money was spent on the Midwest of the United States?”

“The other countries steal jobs from you guys — that is your strategy. You did not distribute the money in the proper way.”

If his numbers are correct, then he is right in what he’s saying.  Imagine if the US had spent the $14.2 trillion spent on wars, on infrastructure and jobs in the US instead. We’d be living in a very different country today, for sure.

Source: Alibaba founder Jack Ma has a brutal theory of how America went wrong over the past 30 years

5/5 (1)

One thought on “Alibaba founder Jack Ma has a brutal theory of how America went wrong over the past 30 years

  1. For 50 years, I’ve watched as American Citizens have endured the economic hardships- the ramifications of our Government’s pouring money into the Military Industrial Complex…our failed foreign policies, always meddling, sending in the CIA to destabilize governments while Funding drug cartels (what we are told we are fighting AGAINST), sending our young to fight, get maimed, and die so that other governments in the world won’t develop into something we don’t like or can’t use.
    So, yes, I’m fed up by this misappropriation of a piece my prosperity.
    Jack Ma is absolutely “spot on. in his assessment. Our government has allowed the Intelligence and Military Communities to feed on each other while they have drained the revenue coffers (our tax dollars) and we’ve been left out on the line to dry. We’ve been all washed in the blood of the Capitalist Imperialists that pretend to be our duly elected Representatives. Capitalist Imperialists is the term that the Russians used to call the U.S.. It’s all about greed. It’s all about the Love of Money. It’s all about natural resources that are elsewhere that those in control want . And the 1% will use the blood of the other 99% to get their hands on those resources. How totally f’d up it all is. Those in power have lost their sense of decency as well as any morality and integrity that they may have ever possessed.
    Trump talks a good talk, albeit with a foul mouth and not much polish. We’ll see if he drains any swamp before they eliminate him. Of course if that happens it will be by some mind-controlled looser like LH Oswald

Leave a Reply