The U.S. needs protection for households — that families are not foreclosed on or evicted, that they have income to weather the storm, that credit scores aren’t ruined, that kids are not denied school lunches. It’s not about lowering interest rates, it’s about making sure Americans who are living paycheck to paycheck … Continue reading Don’t look to the Fed for help on the coronavirus — Congress has the money and power – MarketWatch
Today’s dominant story, told by the Federal Reserve, the media, and many prominent economists, is that the economy has recovered from the recession and is growing about as fast as it can … Continue reading What Recovery? The Case for Continued Expansionary Policy at the Fed
Since the Federal Reserve only requires private banks to have 10% of the money they loan out actually on hand, isn’t the remaining 90% of money loaned by banks “created out of thin air?” Continue reading Do private banks create money?